Sunday 25 July 2010

My 2nd Lace Shawl

In June I casted on 113 stitches and started knitting... a lace shawl. The Haapsalu shawl, to be more exact. I'm very proud to say that I really finished it and it was a wonderful gift. Now I need to knit another one, of course, but now I know that it is really easy to knit, although it took me too much time. I'm not used to knitting lace, you see. Nevertheless I'm sure that the next one is not the last one.

I choosed the pattern of lilly-of-the-valley with a leaf (pr. Ingrid Rüütel pattern) 'cause I think, it's the most beautiful one. I used 3 mm needles for the body, and 3,5 mm for the edge. The size of the shawl is 70 x 150 cm. Yarn I used was Micro 28/2. The shawl weighs probably less than 80 grams.

And now the pictures:

Haapsalu sall


Haapsalu sall laekas

2 comments:

nordwolke said...

Your shawl turned out beautiful. I made an estonian shawl with sewn-on border once last year and I am about to start my 2nd one soon. It's very kind of you to give something like this away as a gift. I am sure the recipient loves it.

Mytsi Wabrik said...

Väga kena! Mul selliste asjade jaoks püsivust ei jaguks!